Fullmetal Arithmetist Fullmetal Arithmetist

It's good but...

I think you really missed a creative opportunity by not showing what the little brother looked like...or for not showing how the older brother's leg would be replaced. I felt cheated without seeing those two things. Anyway it was funny and nostalgic.

P.S. People like to support nice people. Your author comments seem quite rude and aren't helping you at all. People will troll you just because they know you will react poorly. Newgrounds is truly a family and kindness will get you a long way.

BoobMarley responds:

This is the internet. I don't care whose "support" I acquire by bending over and taking it from useless, inflammatory comments.
Get me a "long way"? Really? To what end? Internet stardom and ultimate power? Maybe in your 14 year-old day dreams.
I have a real life, with a real career and friends and family. This is just a little pet project.

Go outside.

WaterLoop! WaterLoop!

Good, but cheesy music

Nice animation with a story that left you feeling whole. The music choice however reminded me of the worst sonic the hedgehog stuff from the nineties. It really was horrible cheesy electric rock.

Veinom responds:

Most people here like the music. In my opinion Sonic games for Genesis had some of the best music ever. Music adds to the fun and the mood. Anyway, music is the only thing I didnt do, so I dont really care. Thanks for the comment on the story and animation, its very helpful!

Robotbeard the Pirate Robotbeard the Pirate

Good, but very predictable

Why not call him Robobeard... it just sounds a lot nicer. Anyway, there were no punchlines that made me laugh, just a funny atmosphere. I like to laugh. You like to laugh...make me laugh please.

DestructoBox responds:

Maybe try out our new short next week?
Better luck with that one perhaps?

Get with the Times Get with the Times

Great and mostly accurate

I'm a neuroscience major in my third year (pre-med) and for the most part it is scientifically accurate. One problem is that when the rats were first studied it was thought to be a pleasure center, but it was actually a craving center. In that sense, the rats were not experiencing pleasure (as determined by various experiments that I can gladly tell you about) when the electrodes fired, instead they simply wanted things like food or sex even more (like becoming more and more horny). There are some regions in the brain close to the ones from the past that are closer to what you and I would call pleasure that have been mapped out recently. One more thing, theta rhythms would not apply to this kind of experiment/surgery as EEG data is untraceable to this region which is deep in the brain.

Chest Pimples Chest Pimples

Funny, compact concept

The main joke was funny, but I wish the guy without the chest pimples had more to say in the way of jokes rather than just filling his mouth up several times. In that sense, after you figured it out there wasn't any thing left to laugh at. However, the main laugh was a big one...kudos.

DestructoBox responds:

Stay tuned! "Joey" has much more to say in the coming episodes. Promise!

Barbershop Quartet... Barbershop Quartet...

I agree, lack luster indeed

I love a lot of the other cyanide shorts, but this one had no real punch. The waiting at the light wasn't suspenseful, just boring. And the cat calls weren't creative at all.

Super Smash Super Smash

Deceptive title

Great animation. The title however was misleading. If you had just called it Mario re-imagined that would have made more sense. When someone hears super smash I expect a lot the characters from the game, not just Mario characters. Also, the music brought down the movie. Your animation should not be paired with such cheesy tunes.

The Sea The Sea

Hard to watch

I hope your movies are a good outlet for self expression because they have little value to other people. This movie was very hard to watch, but I stuck through to see if it would end up anywhere, and I suppose that is your talent. You can make disturbing things, I would love to know your own interpretation of your movies because that would add a lot of value to them so that I could get out of them what I hope you do.

The Legend of Goatsefox The Legend of Goatsefox

Im giving you a ten

So that you will actually read this review. Dude, do your flashes mean anything to you? When you watch them do you feel a sense of accomplishment? If the answers are yes then keep doing what you are doing. Otherwise, please lend your awesome art style/s to something that can mean something or make a difference to your audience.

Charcoalmation Charcoalmation

A very simple fix

I liked it a lot. I'm a big fan of stop motion as opposed to flash animation. However, the timing needs work. For most of the movements if you sped up the frame rate like 1.5 times the motions would seem more realistic and smooth. Given the length the reduced time shouldn't be an issue. Try watching it with the whole thing sped up and see if you like it better, that might just do the trick. Thanks for sprinkling us with creativity. Peace.

Captain responds:

I'm fairly certain that the original movie had a faster framerate, but when it was converted to flash it slowed it down a bit. I can get a copy that has the faster framerate, but I don't think it's that big of a problem.